Sunday, October 11, 2009

Helping around the house


Saturday morning started like this. I said to Paul, "I have 2 choices. Since Monday is a holiday, I can either work all day today (at my transcription job) since I'll be missing work Monday or I can take the day off and get stuff done around the house."

After a brief period of thought, he told me I should probably do my transcription work.

A short time later, I picked up the conversation again and was mentioning all the various things that needed to get done, like vacuuming, mopping, laundry, etc., hoping that he would get the hint that he could help me by doing some of them.

Again, after giving it some thought, he said, "Well, you could work today and then do the vacuuming and mopping on Monday since you have the day off."

Clearly, he didn't get the hint.

Today, I was laughing about the whole conversation again and asked him about it. He said, "I was helping... I was helping you organize your time."

Needless to say, tomorrow he has a list of things to do. You'd think after 23 years of marriage I would know that I have to be specific.

I love you cutie pie!

2 comments:

  1. Classic. "I was helping...I was helping you organize your time." Too funny. Did you break it to Paul what I want him to do over Thanksgiving holiday yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I broke it to him. And he got practice yesterday by reloading Joe's computer.

    ReplyDelete