Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trunk or Treat

Our church held its annual Trunk or Treat event on Halloween. I always twist balloons for this event, which is always fun. According to the registration records, over 1000 people attended the event. Luckily, only a fraction of those came through my line. As it was, the event went from 5:00 to 7:30, and I twisted my last balloon at 8:00 while they were sweeping and cleaning up the room around me.


One funny thing happened this year. Living in a military town, swords and guns are a hot item to make with balloons, and no one ever has a problem with it. Well, I was done twisting the sword and was just about to put it into this little boy's scabbard, when suddenly his mother yells out, "No weapons! No weapons!" The poor little boy was taken aback and told his mother, "It's not a weapon, it's a sword." Well she practically had a fit. Needless to say, I had to make something else for him.

The girl in the picture above and her mother did not have a problem with swords. I thought that was so cute... this pretty little princess wearing a sword. She was quite happy with it.


I have been trying to get pictures of me making balloons and children holding balloons for my website. So I asked Paul to take pictures for me. I guess I didn't give clear instructions. He thought I wanted pictures of the event itself. He took a lot of good pictures of the crowd and the kids, but unfortunately many of them were taken from behind me... of my behind.







Again...














Again...















And again.







I guess now when I ask the infamous question, "Is my butt as big as..." I can now just go back to a picture and see if it is or not. Haha!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! He did take a lot of pictures from... behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thats like the Luke Air Force job...Guns and swords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Paul's always considered that your most flattering angle. I love the warrior princess!

    ReplyDelete