Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Last Scrap


Today, I finally have some news to report regarding the craft fair that I hope to enter in October. I finally got all my paperwork back from the state and city that is required to participate. I had to apply for a TPT with the state of Arizona. That stands for Transaction Privilege Tax license. Somehow the state of Arizona has managed to twist everthing around and make it a privilege for me pay taxes on anything I sell. They lost my first check and application, so I had to send it in a second time. Then I found out I had to get a license from the city of Sierra Vista -- an occasional use permit. It has taken 6 weeks to complete the necessary paperwork. I hope it was worth the trouble. Today I sent in my application, and hopefully it's not too late to participate in the craft fair. I'll be trying to sell origami boxes, paper wreaths, and paper stars. Some examples of the boxes can be found at my Etsy shop.

I figured I would get some business cards to hand out at the fair in case I got accepted. So I went to a website to get "free" business cards. Clearly, my mind wasn't firing on all cylinders when I went through the ordering process. I needed my sister/advisor to be here to help me. I chose a lovely card and entered all the information. I didn't want to pay any extra to change the font or anything (after all then it wouldn't be free), and it looked fine on the computer screen, so I ordered them. Of course, I also had them shipped the slowest way possible, which took 3 weeks. When I finally got them today I discovered that people may need a magnifying glass to read the information. Well... at least they were "free."

2 comments:

  1. Post a pic of your new business cards. I must laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a photo please. I must also laugh with Vivian.

    ReplyDelete