Thursday, July 9, 2009

R.I.P.


Today we mourn the death of one of our pet spiders. I'm sure all our family members will be happy about this since they only have one spider now to worry about crawling on them at night -- okay, one of the black spiders. There are still plenty of daddy longleg spiders to crawl on them at night.

I think we may have inadvertently led to the death of the spider. Here's what happened. A few days ago, we saw one of the spiders caught between the curtain and the lining of the curtain. Being the conscientious pet owners that we are, we rescued the spider and put it back up in the window track where it lives (on the same side we found it). For those who don't know about our spiders, one lives on the left side of the large window in our living room, and the other spider lives on the right side. I think perhaps we put the rescued spider back on the wrong side of the window, though, and into the home of the spider that already lives on that side. The reason I say this is because last night I saw a live spider come out at night, and the dead spider was unceremoniously plopped on the bottom window track just beneath it. I think maybe they had a fight to the death.

Ah well, it was probably some deadly species of spider anyway. Now if only I would vacuum up all the daddy longlegs.

1 comment:

  1. As Paul would say, "Oh my..."
    Hilarious blog.
    R.I.P.
    (Us, that is)

    ReplyDelete