Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Orange Alert

I don't usually talk about work, but I heard something funny last week.

While transcribing dictations, I often hear background noise and announcements over the PA system. On this particular day, I heard the following sequence.

"Code orange on the ground floor. Code orange on the ground floor."

Not knowing exactly what "code orange" was, I did a quick search on the internet and found this definition: Hospital message announced over a hospital's public address system warning the staff of 1. a bomb threat 2. a radioactive spill 3. person with mental issues is loose in the halls of the hospital.

I didn't give it much thought and kept typing.

Then 3 minutes later, "Code orange on the 3rd floor. Code orange on the 3rd floor."

And a few minutes after that, "Code orange on the 7th floor. Code orange on the 7th floor."

Somehow it brought to mind the Keystone Kops.

1 comment: